Contact the Parish





Care of the Sick

Sponsor Letters

The first Sacrament


Baptism is administered Sundays at 12 noon. Call the pastor to arrange.

Families must be registered and practicing for at least 3 months. Parents are to attend an information session.

Catholic sponsors (at least 16 yrs. old) must practice the faith and be in good standing with the Church.

A letter of eligibility must be obtained from the home parish of the sponsor.

Plan your Catholic Wedding


Marriage: couples must meet personally with the pastor at least six months prior the wedding date. During this time, the couple is guided through various programs and sessions in preparation for the marriage. This includes participation in the diocesan marriage dialogue sessions.

Marriages may only take place in the church, which reflects the sanctity of marriage as a sacrament and a covenant before God.

Bride or groom must be registered and practicing the faith for at least 6 months.

Caring for the sick and Homebound

Care for the Sick


Please notify the office of aged, seriously ill or infirmed persons desiring Holy Communion and/or Anointing of the Sick at home.

Hospitals and Nursing Homes

When a family member is admitted, please notify the parish office.

Sessions are open to all parishioners.

Converting to Catholicism


RCIA: The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is a program for adults desiring Baptism, reception into the Catholic Church, or for those Catholics who are lacking one of the Sacraments of Initiation, for those who wish to return to the Church after an absence or for those that wish to learn more about the faith. The program runs from September until Easter.

RCIA:  The Rite of Christian Initiation is open to adults discerning baptism or making a profession of faith in the Catholic Church. Classes are held on a weekly basis beginning in September and concluding with Easter. Sessions are open to all parishioners wishing to study more about their faith.

Becoming a Priest or Religious


The diocese offers summer programs for young men and women discerning a religious vocation. Summer programs are held for young men and women in July at DeSales University. The programs provide youth in grades 9 through college the opportunity to reflect on a religious vocation. For further information, go to the diocesan website or call the Office of Vocations at 610-437-0755.

Aspirancy Program for Priestly Discernment

This program is for high school or post high school aged men seeking more information about the priesthood and to help them discover their particular vocation. The program includes a commitment to personal prayer and retreat opportunities, discussions and spiritual direction. With this honest and in-depth look at the life and identity of a Priest, men will gain knowledge to assist their discernment.

For further information, go to the diocesan website or call the Office of Vocations at 610-437-0755.

Baptistm or Confirmation

Sponsor Letters of Recommendation


CONFIRMATION: one Catholic sponsor is required.

SPONSORS:  Requests for sponsor eligibility are considered only for those who regularly and actively practice their faith and are in good standing with the Church. Letters will be issued only to practicing parishioners who fulfill the following guidelines:

BAPTISM: there is to be a male and female Godparent/Sponsor. One must be Catholic. Both must be baptized.


For any Catholic to serve as a sponsor for either Baptism or Confirmation, the following requirements must be satisfied:

A practicing Catholic in good standing and at least 16 years old

Registered in the parish for at least three months

Received the three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist

Participate regularly in Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation and receive the sacraments of Penance and Holy Communion

Strive to live out your commitment to Christ and support the community life of the Church


If married, it must be in a sacramental marriage blessed by the Catholic Church (married by a priest or with the proper Church dispensation and not having violated the marriage laws of the Church; not living in cohabitation)

Parent may not serve as a sponsor of their own children

Intend to help the baptized/confirmed live the Christian life

Not having left the Catholic Church (Someone who has left the Catholic Church and joined another Christian communion cannot serve as a Godparent/Sponsor for a sacrament in the Catholic Church.)

Contact Us

(610) 562-7657

[email protected]

94 Walnut Road

Tilden Township

Hamburg, PA 19526